- Ergonomics & Wellness in Dentistry
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dr Anikó Ball – B.D.Sc.(Melb), Dip. Clin. Hyp., Adv. Dip. Alexander Studies
‘Ergonomics & Wellness in Dentistry’
Strategies for reducing the risk of occupational chronic pain and stress in the clinic
Worldwide research shows an alarming incidence of occupational chronic pain and stress in the dental profession. Most treatments for chronic pain are symptom oriented instead of dealing with the cause, providing only short-term relief.
Prolonged forward and downwardly directed, unilaterally collapsed work postures lead to musculoskeletal disorders. Some joints are intended for bending while others are not, especially for prolonged periods in the clinic. Unfortunately, most clinicians have not been taught Inner Ergonomics.
Treating anxious, fearful patients and dealing with time pressure can be stressful and exhausting. You are your most precious instrument, take care of yourself.
This seminar you will address:
- The causes of occupational chronic pain
- Harmful, habitual work postures
- Biomechanical design principles and its application in the clinic and daily life
- The power of habit and how to develop postural awareness
- Stress in the clinic and how to recognise early signs
- Mindfulness based calming techniques to reduce stress for yourself and your patients, and the impact of time pressure
- The importance of self-care
Registration for this event is open to dentists, oral health therapists, staff and students. The ADA Rockhampton Sub Branch is sponsoring this event to significantly offset the cost of registration for the entire dental team.
Venue: Frenchville Sports Club
Venue Phone: 0749326800
Venue Website: http://www.frenchvillesportsclub.com.au/Address:
Located in North Rockhampton, the Frenchville Sports Club offers off-street carparking. The Club can be located here